Not your standard issue late twenty-something's blog.

Friday, February 18, 2005

The name of my blog is apt, no?

I haven't blogged in some time due to being busy at work and busy with Papa Weeyums. My father has pneumonia and someone needs to walk Mr. Brown and feed my dad. My dad is shocked that I can cook. At least one good thing has therefore come from his illness: he'll stop bugging me to cook for him.

As some of you may know, I was due to be involved in some rather shady business this weekend in a town called King of Prussia, PA. My father, unknowingly of course, has kept me from my first orgy. This seems only fitting.

I'm also due to go away next weekend for the first extended chunk of time with a boy I've been seeing sporadically for a few months (heretofore known as Adam Sandler or the Italian). How to leave town without raising suspicion from Ron. It's a mystery. Perhaps Mr. Brown would like to accompany Adam Sandler and I to Scranton, PA.

I've never been in a situation where I've had to take care of someone: wait on them, cook for them, etc. And now I've realized: I can. It never occurred to me to do otherwise with my dad. I downloaded a couple soup recipes, ran to the store and thirty minutes later, there was a meal. I felt like Hot Lips Houlihan in my surgical mask and gloves. When forced, I can be nurturing and unselfish. Yep, my dad's supersick and it all comes back to me. Wow, I'm self-absorbed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home