Not your standard issue late twenty-something's blog.

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Happy Birthday, Mom

Today would have been my mom's 65th birthday. In my mind, she's forever 51 but so it goes. My dad and I went to St. Malachy's where we'd requested a mass said in her memory. Church isn't nearly so bad as I remember it. St. Malachy's ("Actors Chapel") is quite beautiful, lots of paintings and stained glass and no matter where you sit, you see a slightly different angle of the church. Afterwards we had breakfast at the Renaissance Diner and my dad told me about his degenerative arthritis. So it goes.
Oddly, Wendy Williams is also a famous swimmer. She's also performing at the Laugh Factory in Times Square. I'm confident she, like my dead mother, is funnier than my ex-boyfriend.

1 Comments:

Blogger quickstuff said...

oh, kath...very sweet, and you'll forgive me - as would your mom, i hope - for starting my day laughing about that part at the end.

10:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home