Not your standard issue late twenty-something's blog.

Monday, April 18, 2005

I'm trying to drink away the part of the day I cannot sleep away

I recently revisited this album by Modest Mouse. I'm glad I did.

I find myself incredibly angry these days. In a I-wanna-beat-the-shit-out-of-someone-till-they-bleed-way.

Then, other times, I'm amazed by the quiet that sometimes comes. Sipping shockingly strong coffee made in a French press while grating cheese, cutting vegetables, whisking eggs. The man just behind me fries ham, bakes potatoes with rosemary. Clad in his blue tshirt and pajama pants, I sit next to him while the Yankees lose horribly to Baltimore. We load his dishwasher, kick the cat off the bed.

"A little over a month, huh?" he says to me.
"Something like that," I reply.
"Huh."
"Yeah."

3 Comments:

Blogger quickstuff said...

sweet, kath. very sweet. and deserved.

5:33 PM

 
Blogger Hackett said...

I owe this man a pint!

11:52 AM

 
Blogger erl said...

i wanted to comment but didnt want to post a random thing on your newest [serious] post. anyway

#1 i absolutely love the title of your blog. love love love love love...i can't say it enough

#2 the shins song that you quoted as the title of your other post rules.

therefore: #3 i very much like your blog

4:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home