Not your standard issue late twenty-something's blog.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

No More Fatty Day and the Spineless

No More Fatty Day was a raging success, dear readers. Grilled vegetables, a little mozz and tomato, some salmon, some chicken, some taco dip (Nic, everyone wants that recipe. Do send around straightaway, por favor. Like a good Mexican.) A shocking amount of beer and wine (thanks, all!) Good people all in one room who all seemed to like each other. (if I'm wrong, please don't tell me). I don't think I've had such a dorky and continuous grin on my face in years.

I'm into song lyrics these days that have the word spine in them. Perhaps because I've dated so many spineless tools. Or, perhaps because I couldn't feel their spines through the layers of haircovered blubber.

(Neutral Millk Hotel)
Two headed boy
With pulleys and weights
Creating a radio played just for two
In the parlor with a moon across her face
And through the music he sweetly displays
Silver speakers that sparkle all day
Made for his lover who's floating and choking with her hands across her face
And in the dark we will take off our clothes
And they'll be placing fingers through the notches in your spine

(Archers of Loaf)
Stuck a pin in your backbone.
Spoke it down from there.
All I ever wanted was to be your spine.
Lost your friction and you slid for a mile.
Overdone, overdrive, overlive, override.
You're not the one who let me down,
But thanks for offering.
It's not a voice and I'm not around.
But thanks for picking it...


(Bjork)
I adore
Back of necks
Beautifully shaven
Gives me
Always, always, always, always ...
A pretty rash down my spine

All those boys
With fascinating fingers
Working creating
Touching their tools
Gives me
Always, always, always, always ...
A pretty rash down my spine

(Filmmaker)
I've been going out, when you're coming in
I've been waiting here for you.
As we go out cowards, we come back kings.
I didn't have the spine to say what you didn't have the heart to ask.

Okay, so they're not all winners.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hackett said...

How did you find out about Neutral Milk Hotel, my favorite band ever?

5:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home