Not your standard issue late twenty-something's blog.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I'll show you how to fax in the mailroom, honey and have you home by five.

Oh. my. god. I hate the elevator in my place of business, as it has a rear and a front and thus it takes forever to get anywhere.

Except today.

I'd followed a small little woman in from the rain into Chelsea Market. She'd struggled with her umbrella and a younger, hipper, taller woman had helped her.

"Thank you, dear. Have a safe and healthy day!" Older woman called out gleefully.

What a cutie. Reminded me of John's mom. With a New York accent and about another 20 years on her.

Lo and behold, Older Woman and I got on in the same elevator. Also on the elevator were several of her apparent co-workers, one a tall dark-haired fellow I've seen a few times who's always talking to someone.

"How you doing, baby? How's things?" He said to Older Woman.

"Fine. Well actually not fine, I hate this. I'm sick of it," referring to the rain.

"Yeah, we're gonna get pounded until Saturday," tall funny man said.

"Well, I've never been pounded."

to which everyone in the elevator laughed. And then we were at my stop.

What a fine way to start the morning.

2 Comments:

Blogger Arlen said...

That's good stuff. I enjoy your commentary. You write with conviction and humor and there's no better combination.

1:13 PM

 
Blogger JCN said...

She's never been pwned?

1:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home