Not your standard issue late twenty-something's blog.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

You build me up, you break me down again and I take it.

(Get Up Kids, fyi)

Last night I left a voicemail for my dad. He called me back around 8:30pm, breathing heavily:

I think you should think about taking Mr. Brown, Kad
Dad, I've been offering that for over a week.
Kadrin, I'm really not in the mood for rhetoric, ok?
When do you want me to come get him?
At ya convenience.
I'll come get him right now.
No, not now. I don't want to be disturbed. Come get him after work.
I have a meeting after work. I won't be done till after 8,is that ok?
I need you to go to Dr. Sukamaran's office and pick up my CT scan.
Dad, I told you last week that was the only way -
Look, Kad, I really don't want to get into this with you right now. Will you give me a break?
(pause)
I'm seeing a surgeon on Monday.
What kind of surgeon?
Da surgeon who'd be performing the biopsy.
Then when are we going to Richmond? Next week?
I don't know.

My dad's behavior smacks of manipulation. The sort he, when healthy is famous for. It's my turn to be whipping boy it seems. Takes the old phrase "biting the hand that feeds you" to a whole other plane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home