Not your standard issue late twenty-something's blog.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Today's blog brought to you by

Vagisil Cream and Vagisil Medicated Wipes.

I had to direct voiceover talent today to read such things. Wipes is funny. But whose grand idea was it to include "vag" in vag-related items? I think snatch cream is much better. Or snatch ointment. Medicated Snatch Wipes. See? Much better. Or you could just call them Swipes! ''
I'm coming down with a cold and in general, feel like ass.

I'm far too busy at work to do anything remotely creative and a recent job interview earned me the following feedback from my headhunter:

Good morning. As for Mxxxxxxx, they really liked you, but they felt that perhaps you were a bit too professional and inflexible. I think so often employers are looking for someone who is extremely competent, but also comes across as as a little warm and fuzzy. Having met you, I know that you have a real warmth to you, so I think you should just feel free to let that side of you show a bit more in interviews. There's no question that you are incredibly bright and could handle anything thrown at you, so I don't think you have to worry about that coming across. I know this may seem like strange feedback, but I think these types of interviews are so much like the acting world. They need to know that you have the skills and that you're going to be fun to work with. I think you're terrific, so please know that I tell you this only because I want to be honest with you and help you land the job you're looking for. Hopefully, this info will just help you find the right balance in an interview.

Too professional? They told me my potential boss was a yeller and I'm too professional? What the hell does that even mean? Another potential employer said I was too sophisticated. What the hell?

2 Comments:

Blogger Hackett said...

C'mon, Kath. You're part of America's work force. Try the opposite of harder!

1:08 PM

 
Blogger Hackett said...

Oh, i almost forgot, "All in one BAX!"

2:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home