Not your standard issue late twenty-something's blog.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Beer thighs.

My fat roll hanging over my jeans is making me incredibly uncomfortable. After five days of eating healthily, working out, and drinking a lot more water, I'm still at the exact same weight. I tell myself it's cuz Aunt Flo is on the way, hence the enormous titties but it is frustrating.

In other news, I'm coming down with a wicked cold and I can't go home early because sick days and vacation days all fall under the umbrella of PTO: Paid Time Off and I don't want to lose a vacation day. Lame, no?

I'm reading this book, QBQ: The Question Behind the Question and it's all about asking the right questions in the workplace. Rather than: "why can't they do their job" . . or "why can't they give me proper instructions" or "why can't they be more communicative" . . you should ask things like
"How can I adapt to the changing world?"
"How can I contribute?"
"What can I do to solve the problem?"
'What can I do to develop myself?"

yet, today, bloated, irritable, fat, sick and lethargic, I want to tell everyone to go fuck themselves. exclamation point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home