Not your standard issue late twenty-something's blog.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Things that help me get through the day

KEXP.org
if you've never listened to this radio station (i'm listening to it now), you are truly missing out. you can listen to it on that there internet thingy. i asked our IT guy for speakers in which i could plug in headphones and they're tall, like the length of my calves and now i'm insulated in this little cocoon of new and delicious music, mostly indie rock with the occasional song from the 80s that I'd forgotten I missed.

Other things: iced coffee. Knowing that 6pm is there somewhere. Seinfeld: 6:30, 7:30 and 11pm.

oh, but here's another fun workplace annoyance:

(phone call)
"This is Katherine."

"Hi, can I speak to Alexis?"

"Who?"

"Alexis."

"I don't know who that is."

"She gave me this number."

"Oh, wait, maybe she's the temp in marketing. Do you know if she's temping at FN?"

"No idea."

"I'll transfer you. In the future, she's at 5369."

(2 phonecalls for Alexis later)

"This is Katherine."

"Yes, may I please speak to Alexis?"

(sigh)

"May I ask who's calling?"

"Rabbi Schultz."

"And where did you get this number?"

"Alexis gave it to me."

"You're one of several people who has called me for Alexis. Can you just tell me what number she gave you?"

The Rabbi repeats my number.

"Please update your records. Here's her number. 5369. I'll transfer you."

I then sent a hateful email to the temp, who apologized profusely. Apparently she was looking at a very old business card of the employee for whom she was temping which did indeed list my extension.

In the words of the Ness: WHORE!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Have you tried Pandora.com? It's worth a go.

11:28 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

oh, wait, Ness turned me on to that. Nevermind, I'm sure you know all about it.

11:29 AM

 
Blogger Hackett said...

I may have gotten it from you, but What Would Tyler Durden Do? (wwtdd.com) is great for passing the day. Little celeb gossip pieces updated throughout the day.

4:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home