Not your standard issue late twenty-something's blog.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentines Day

Hello, fair reader(s).

I'm thinking about quitting my second job. My boss sometimes just doesn't show up. And sometimes he just doesn't call me to tell me he's not showing up. So I leave my proper job at 6:00 pm on the dot, book it to an L train, switch to an uptown F train to 42nd, walk three blocks north and a half block over, take an elevator to the 6th floor which inevitably smells stale and curry-like, ring his buzzer and get nothing. I get paid $10 an hour and the most I've worked is 6 hours a week. The last few weeks it's been closer to 3.5. It'd be one thing if overtime wasn't avail at my real job but it is. So I may take what little experience I've gained, receive my check for last week (a whopping $32.14) and tell him goodbye. Friends, please advise.

In the meantime, I'm taking an advertising copywriting class at NYU which is keeping me plenty busy. I've so far lost 4 lbs with my new dieting and weight loss regimen. Given that I've gone from NO physical activity to a half hour a day and NO water consumption to A LOT, I'd hoped for more. My brother would tell me to give up coffee, which I cannot. But I guess one can't get rid of one's beer thighs in the span of two weeks after seven months of significant boozing.

Happy V day to all. I shall fellate a burger this evening. Perhaps I should find something more phallus-like.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hackett said...

A burger-dog, perhaps? There must be a burgerdiggery somewhere in that vast city.

Quit the job. The hassle is SO not worth $30/week. Especially with the disrespect your getting.

LYLAS!!! lol! omfg! rotfl! hmwcawcciawcccw?

10:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home