Not your standard issue late twenty-something's blog.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Is 29 the last year of hotness?

I'm not above watching "Scrubs" on a tuesday night after the gym and before Law and Order: SVU. So, last night, one of the characters, a 37-yr-old nurse, went to a doctor for a fertility test as she had tried to conceive several times without success. When the smoking hot doctor, age 25 maybe, asks her for her age, she swallows and says "29."

"Funny," hot doctor says. "I'm seeing a lot of 29-year-olds today," pointing to another character in another room who is also in her late 30s and lying.

As a 29-year-old rapidly approaching her 30th birthday and the beginning of lines forming about my eyes and mouth (i've had forehead ones since i was 15), I worry. I've gained a few pounds but I'm starting to lose them again, thank God. But, is this it for me? Is this the hottest I'm ever going to be for the rest of my life? I wasn't hot in high school. I wasn't hot in college. So, that's it? I had my early/mid/late 20s and now I'm done? That's completely unacceptable.

Christ.

A friend of mine pointed out a website where my fat ugly bald untalented smelly ex was referred to as a brooding genius not to be tamed by any woman. Oooooh, could I but comment on that foolish website. If they had only a glimpse of the backhair on that asshole. Yikes. Brooding, hardly. Does talking in a high-pitched baby voice in an unfunny way equal brooding? And the tamed bit. Please. More likely, he can't keep a girlfriend because he's too busy being a self-absorbed asshole who needs time with his female friends before taking time out for his "girlfriend." Oh, and have I mentioned that he's INSANE? And DOESN'T SHOWER? And has NASAL POLYPS that require the daily use of a NETI POT?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home