Not your standard issue late twenty-something's blog.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Happy Admin Rock Star Day!

That's right, folks. It's Administrative Assistant Day! Who rolled into work at least 10 minutes late to find some lovely gerbera (sp?) flowers on her chair? Yep. My boss gave me a hug and thanked me for doing such a great job.

In other news, my dad and I have reached the point in our relationship where we talk openly about his bowel movements or in today's instance, lack thereof. More to come on that front as I'm behind on relaying the following:

The man I'm seeing and I went out to dinner at the Delta Grill Monday night.

The bill came. He didn't reach for it. I went to get my share out of my wallet as splitting it seems to be our thing.

"I don't have enough cash"
"Huh. So, one of us is paying."
"Yeah."
"So, am I paying or are you?"
(horribly awkward pause)
"You get this one. I'll get you over the weekend."

So, on a night when I planned to spend 30 bucks max, I spent close to 60. Last night, we met for happy hour at ArtBar, which has two-for-one drinks. He knew I'd had a bad day with my dad. He got the drinks. I looked at his sunglasses. They were really nice.

"Wow, what kind of shades are these?"

He hands me the case.
Prada.

(beat)

"So, why did I get dinner last night?"
"Wow."

3 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

Prada and you're getting the bill for dinner? Glad you called him out on that ... what man wears prada sunnies?

1:24 PM

 
Blogger Arlen said...

I think that you should ad this one to your Pet Peeves, men who lie to get out of paying the check...

4:27 PM

 
Blogger Hackett said...

Hmmm... I don't know, Kad. I already don't like this fella. Even if all i heard was that he had Prada shades. Very apprehensive.

12:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home