Not your standard issue late twenty-something's blog.

Friday, April 22, 2005

Tired of living in a cloud/ if you're gonna say shit now you'll do it out loud

I sang an obscene amount of karaoke last night, inc the following:
These Boots Were Made for Walkin
Proud Mary
Summer of '69
Bust a Move (the folks LOVED this)
Islands in the Stream (I hated this, much like I hate all the music from Grease)

I met someone of interest, though. A guy with two girls. Somehow we got on the subject of spray tanning. And he made some very valid points:

"Don't worry about being pasty. Every guy, regardless of society bullshit, has very specific tastes. There's someone for everyone. You being cool with being pasty, being cool with your body . . that's what matters. Being insecure is gonna drive a guy off long before being pasty is."

Well put, no?

After much karaoke, (highly recommend Winnie's in Chinatown, btw. Dive bar, cheap karaoke, kind people)I got in a cab. On the floor of the cab was a Blackberry. I attempted during the ride home to find the owner, let him know I had it. I was still doing this after I paid the cabbie and got out of the cab.

crunch

Unbeknownst to me, as I opened the door, a shiny expensive silver car pulled up. The cab driver screamed at me. I got out. Didn't see any damage done to any car except what appeared to be a chip of the top of a travel coffee mug under the cab. The light turned to green. The cab and the silver car pulled away.

Walked into my building, got my mail, got on the elevator. Two guys stood inside.

Some thing with the cab driver, huh?
Oh, yeah - you overheard that huh? (I'd called Tim immediately after the incident. I assumed the guy had heard me talking to Tim)
You could've stuck around, helped the cab driver out.
I'm sorry? (inside my head: the guy was screaming at me, douchebag)
You chipped her mirror. Poor cab is stuck at the corner figuring out insurance.

I don't know what part of this to believe. Here I am thinking I'm doing a good deed. I chip part of the case of the mirror (hence what appeared to be part of a travel coffee mug) of an incredibly expensive car and both cars went driving into the night and the cab driver screamed at me after I gave him a generous tip. Sounds like a case for the NY Times Ethicist.

The happy footnote: gave the Blackberry owner his PDA a couple hours ago. A very attractive, very gay man named Benedict. Perhaps he was the Pope in the guise of a ripped Asian man with a French accent who spoke little English.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home