Not your standard issue late twenty-something's blog.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

I trusted misleading promises worth repeating.

Anyone who reads this blog is hereby requested to do the following:

If I so much as look at an actor, smack the shit out of me.

Sander, upon fessing up, after much prodding, to sleeping with his publicist while we were dating, emailed me the following:

"Avoid the damaged and the fickle. We're a dime a dozen."

Though he is the finest bullshit artist I've dated, second only to Patrick, he had a point.

Think I finally got it this time.

4 Comments:

Blogger quickstuff said...

Re: Sander

Because damage is hard to define, and more difficult to define fairly, I call bullshit on avoidance of the damaged. If this world hasn't fucked with you a little bit, you're probably not terribly interesting.

Fickle, on the other hand, is 10-foot pole material (which I don't believe he'd know much about, right?)

9:58 AM

 
Blogger JCN said...

Would have been more helpful if Hicks had advised you to avoid retired male hookers.

I'm in full support of everything my wife said last night. I liked Patrick, but he pulled, what, three flaming wimp-outs in a row? The poo was going to hit the fan some day, and better to find out sooner than later that this guy just shuts down and goes passive when the poo begins to splatter.

10:29 AM

 
Blogger Arlen said...

I gotta admit to checking your blog for new posts pretty regularly. I noticed your interest in comedy in your profile. Believe me, it shows in your writing, which I'll assume is intentional.

1:34 PM

 
Blogger Hackett said...

I'm gonna have to actually move to NYC in order to doll out the necessary amount of beating to those who have discomforted my Kad. A weekend visit simply won't do.

4:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home