Not your standard issue late twenty-something's blog.

Friday, April 29, 2005

The cold is in my bones/Said it's gone beyond the line this time

I want to say something smart. Something beautiful about the power of love and the transience of life and the best I can come up with is "don't need money. don't need fame. don't need no credit card to ride this train."

ah, Huey.

I want to believe that curling up next to someone is always comforting. That it doesn't have to lead to talking to two of your best friends while sitting in your bathroom, listening to aforementioned someone snore through your walls, your traitorous toy poodle choosing the wrong side.

I want to believe that I won't always take things so fucking literally. That someday I'll learn to relax into a relationship.

I want to believe that someday I'll meet Someone and I'll know that while not perfect, Someone will be right for me.

I sit here at work. Pick at my lips till they bleed. Field phonecalls from people I could care less about. I know I have to take a piss and that I should sit up straight and that I shouldn't have stolen canned soda (not even Diet) from the going-away pizza party.

I know after work, I must walk poodle, pack bag, take cab to Dad. How I wish I could talk to him about this. Maybe hearing my sad story would make him feel better. Knowing my dad, he might advise me to give guy the perma-boot or he might tell me, as he often does, that I'm over-dramatic, take things too seriously. And he wouldn't be the first.

My dad doesn't have a bloodclot in his lung. Or cancer. Just pneumonia that's switched sides that hopefully will be treatable within three weeks. I know I'm relieved. I know I'm happy. But hearing that news made me want to go screaming from the hilltops: "fuck you all!"

3 Comments:

Blogger JCN said...

Ron prognosis: excellent.

people who have traveled through the centuries: not unless they have 1.21 gigawatts. and a huey lewis song. but i will grant that they do not need roads. where they're going they don't need. roads.

KD: saw Sin City finally. Wamba Jambatastic. Alba's plenty nice, but I'm going to have to give to Rosario.

2:17 AM

 
Blogger Hackett said...

Wonderful Ron news, please tell him the Hackett wishes him well. How is life with Mr. Brown? Do people become suspicous when they call you and a crisp, intelligent-sounding british accent greets them?

11:17 AM

 
Blogger Free Traffic System said...

Hello,

I liked your blog. I found many interesting information here.
I also give free info about forex group trader on my
href="http://www.WebTradingSystem.com">Forex Trading System
site.

If you have time please visit my web site to get some free forex group trader
information.

Kind regards,
Nick

1:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home