Not your standard issue late twenty-something's blog.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Michael Stipe is gracious.

Met him on the street last night. He looks like hell but he's quite nice.

I just ate overpriced jumbalayla. It was delicious. Am counting the hours until I meet with a dude to talk about my play. Most of the annoying people in my office are currently out of the office, which brings me much joy.

I am tired of being overworked, supremely underpaid and unrecognized.

7 Grain bread is somewhat tasty but it's really dense. And thick.

Gabe, you're bringing some of your ire back into your blog, which is nice to see. But it sounds like you're writing to a specific audience, which makes me sad. You really don't have to prove anything to anyone. If you want to be successful, go do it. And do it for yourself. Not because you owe someone something. And in the mean time, maybe keep the self-deprecating, rage-filled persona around as a persona if nothing else . . . I miss him.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I agree, Kath. This IS for me. I just needed a slap. And I'm still angry, just not at myself anymore. Look for some disdain in the future.

7:41 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

oh, and one more thing. That persona was a character that I let become me. I just need a break for awhile so I can forget that I was starting to believe my own shit, that's all. It was self-destructive more than it was self-depricating.

8:08 PM

 
Blogger JCN said...

Agreed on all counts. Gabe bile good as long as it doesn't wag the dog.

Kath, where the fuck have you been? We needs to hang. And schedule Fun With Writing, Episode V.

2:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home