Not your standard issue late twenty-something's blog.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Great Odin's Raven

Lobster also makes me gassy, I'm not gonna lie to you. To welcome Big Ron back to NYC, we went to 6pm mass and then to the Palm for a lobster special. 4lb lobster plus salads and sides and coffee. Dad had his scotch, I had wine.

I continue to be mystified by my sister-in-law. Just before my trip to Florida last weekend, she complained that "your brother and I have stopped planning things for your arrival because your sister always monopolizes your time," suggesting that I should feel guilty for spending time with my sister. When I do spend time at my sister-in-law's house, there are no family meals, no food in the house that I feel comfortable consuming. . .for example:

Kath: "ooh. diet coke. may i?"
brother: "sure, it's for guests. we don't drink it."
5 minutes later
sister in law: "did you open the diet coke?"
Kath: "uh, yeah. Brother said it was okay. Is it not okay?"
sister in law (sniffs): "no,that's fine."

So, on the one hand, I'm not treated like a guest because I'm expected to help take care of the children and on the other hand I am a guest because I should ask before I consume something. It's very puzzling. And unless I go hunting/gathering through the kitchen myself, I'm not going to eat. But I have to ask first. It's very frustrating. And then she wonders why I want to spend time with my sister and her husband, who have food and drink in wild abundance and actually like to relax and have a good time. If I pour a glass of wine at my sister in law's house she thinks that I'm a drunk and that the children have driven me to drinking.

Something else that annoys me: people who call me and then say "hold on."

Bartending went quite well. I can pop a bottle with the best of them. And I'm fast. So, in essence, my saturday night paid for itself My co-worker, who had hired me for the gig, told me he wanted to marry me. This is not the first time he has said this. For those of you who know about my recent run-ins with men and marriage, this is all the more confusing. Someone who barely knows me outside of a work context declares his undying love and yet . . .

5 Comments:

Blogger Hackett said...

I'd do something to get banned from your s-i-l's house, like shit on the living room table &/or carpet, both if you have the fortitude. That way you won't have to make excuses for not coming to the Vacuum of Fun.

10:26 AM

 
Blogger Bozzo said...

John can help you find a way to get banned from a house. He's quite good at it, as Hackett's Mom will attest. (Sorry, Hackett, that came out wrong)

4:20 PM

 
Blogger Kath said...

bozzo? i didn't know your read this thing. wow.

4:21 PM

 
Blogger Bozzo said...

When I get the chance, I catch up by reading several weeks at a time. It's an easy way to see what's going on in Kad's life, as you pretty much cover EVERYTHING. I use it to catch up on Hackett's life, too, since he comments on EVERYTHING. Jeez, get your own blog, Hackett.

6:34 PM

 
Blogger Hackett said...

evul.livejournal.com

It has atrophied.

9:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home