Not your standard issue late twenty-something's blog.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee.

Good news says psychiatrist this AM. As Nic had suggested to me a few months back, my 10-15 pound weight gain over the last two years is due to the medication I'm on. Anti-depressants make you fat.

I went to my first session with him since March and we went over the basics. Job, money, love life, sleeping, eating.

"How's your appetite?"
"Great. I've gained some weight, though. Is that -"

Doctor nods emphatically.

"Yes," he says. "Has it been over the last two years?"
"Yeah and I can't get rid of it."
"Do you work out?"
"Yeah, almost every day."
"That's what it is."

I celebrated this confirmation with a post-session donut. Since I've been "healthy" for almost two years now, we're due for another session in late July to start weaning (sp?) me off the meds. I'm very excited about this, for multiple reasons. But, honestly, I'm just tired of this layer of blubbery dimpled flesh hanging over my once-toned abs and NEVER-toned but less huge thighs. And let's not even discuss my ever-widening ass.

I'm tired of getting zits in my ears. I hate my job. I'm still broke. But the writing, revising and DOING is going great.

In addition, because I had so little money last week, I couldn't do laundry or dry cleaning. I'm currently wearing a bathing suit bottom. And if you think FOR A SECOND that a bathing suit bottom from FOUR YEARS AGO is comfortable . ..

3 Comments:

Blogger Hackett said...

Yay for medically explained, blameless chunk!

5:39 PM

 
Blogger JCN said...

As long as it's out of your control, I have a recommendation.

best. sammich. ever.

8:52 AM

 
Blogger Hackett said...

Mmmm... I can think of no better sammich. As far as amalgam-bowls go, though, drool

11:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home